Hunter Douglas Shades
Window shades not only bring style to a window, but control the amount of heat in your home as well.
Here’s how to keep your home warm in the Winter and cool in Summer with Hunter Douglas shades.
It’s a scientific fact that heat is attracted to cold. Without energy-efficient window treatments, as much as 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost.
- A reduced light gap on either side of the shade helps retain heat inside the home.
- The insulating quality of the shade and liner prevents heat from escaping.
- An extra layer of fabric on the back of the Tiered™ Architella® shade forms air pockets that trap air, creating added insulation against outside temperature and noise.
- Unwanted heat from solar energy is reduced as well, keeping the home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Just as sunscreen protects skin from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays, Silhouette®Window Shadings protect room interiors to increase the lifespan of valuable possessions.
- Provide ultraviolet protection. Sheers and vanes combine to provide up to 88% ultraviolet protection with the shading down and the vanes open; and 99% with the vanes closed.
- Enhance natural daylighting. Sheers disperse sunlight deep into the room, reducing the need for electric lights to brighten rooms in Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Reflect solar heat. Exterior white sheer and vanes reflect the sun’s heat, reducing solar heat gain.